Saturday, May 4, 2013

Maverick Touch: The Cat Reviews

By Joyce  on July 5, 2013 Rated it 5 out of 5 stars
Format: Kindle Edition Amazon Verified Purchase
It could stand alone as a mystery but made it better was how she included the romance element. I look forward to more from this series!


Dawn Latta's review  Apr 04, 13  4 of 5 stars  Read in April, 2013
If you love a good crime mystery then you should definitely check out Maverick Touch: The Cat by Ashley Nemer. I found certain parts of the book could have been an episode of Dexter, which by the way, is my favorite television series. I found myself drawn to the characters. I really enjoyed Nadia's quick wit and daring nature. I love how it starts with something so simple as buying a kitten and turns into such a dangerous adventure for her. If I had anything negative to say it would be simply that the story seemed to move a bit too fast. I like to really get to know the characters and I felt like the book was too short for me to do this. I understand that this is a start to a series, and I intend to keep reading and maybe then I will get to know the characters a little more. I can’t wait to see what mischief Nadia finds in Houston. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars simply because it was too short for the amount of characters that were introduced, but overall it is a fun, enjoyable read.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/580840140
Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Not a paranormal, not a love story in the true sense of the word, not even a romance really, but a damn good read. An edge of the seat thriller that keeps you turning the page begging for more and an ending that makes you sigh . Great book, my only complaint is that is was too short

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/587190850
Review by: Christina on April 07, 2013 : 5 Stars
A great mystery without all the usual explicit content that make up today’s mystery genre. A return to a time when the mystery was more in the readers mind rather than having it spoon fed to them and their attention retained by the more salacious details of intimate human relationships. The focus on family unity and love was a wonderful balance to the intrigue bubbling under the surface, giving a solid basis for the heroine Nadia’s convictions. Nadia was an easy loving character to her family while being engaging and still carrying off the tough girl image. Her easy acceptance of her best friend Gabe’s lifestyle choice and the loving support she showed was a great message to give the reader, as well as avoiding the typical portrayal of a same sex couple. It was a truer portrayal than most of the ones I have seen currently on television without being awkward or appearing demeaning, something Hollywood could take some lessons in. Nadia’s relationship with Mr. A was the best part, the way they came together while not the typical beginning to a relationship carried the same heart pounding nervousness and daring that many first dates carry. This is a relationship I wouldn’t mind seeing developed further and has the potential to be one of the all-time great couples known for their interactions, not to mention a great first encounter. A wonderful read, I loved it, and would recommend to family and friends without hesitation.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/303952


InD'Tale Magazine gives Maverick Touch a 4 Star Review! 


's review

Read in July, 2013

Hello everyone, this is Ashley Nemer ‘s father writing my first book review. As a matter of fact, “Maverick Touch: The Cat” is the first book I have read cover to cover in 30 years. Ashley first wrote “Blood Purple”, a book about vampires, but I just couldn’t bring myself to read that even though my daughter wrote it. I just have no interest in that topic. So last week while on the beach in Cancun, I read her murder mystery “Maverick Touch”.

I am proud to say, I truly enjoyed it. Parts of it made me laugh, because I saw my daughter's personality in the Nadia character. As I sat in the sun with my Tequila Sunrise (the hotels drink of the day), chapters 1-6 began to set everything up nicely. By the time I finished the seventh chapter, I thought, wow, my daughter has talent. From that point on, all I could think about is how well she developed the story line and how entertained I was throughout the book.

I look forward to more “Maverick” books and encourage Ashley to continue writing mysteries. Rick Castle watch out, Ashley Nemer may have found her niche.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment